September 14, 2010

Samsung i9000 set to be upgraded to Android 2.2 in September 23rd

I thought that there are only 4 Galaxy S-es the 4 that are currently tied up with the Big 4 in the US, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Verizon. When I went to our local national carrier, I saw a Galaxy S, and also in their website which I will be correcting with this post. I ingenuously thought and announced that the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant is here in the Philippines, and I was wrong. No wonder I am confused with the Samsung i9000 (the international Galaxy S) having a physical button on the bottom. Anyhow, its still a Galaxy S and the phone totally rocked my day, even if I was just able to hold, and scrutinized a dummy of it.
So, going back to the topic of this post. Samsung, from a reliable source, said that the Samsung i9000 will be upgraded to Android 2.2 on September 23rd. Now a question, will it be done OTA (Over the air) or via PC? No answer to that question though. Unfortunately the Galaxy S line was released and launched with Android 2.1 breathing inside it. But I do not consider it as a misfortune, the phone was made before the announcement and the release of the Android 2.2 Froyo. Samsung is also one of the first mobile companies that announced that an upgrade to 2.2 will certainly be coming to its Galaxy S line.
About the other 4 Galaxy S tailor made for the Big 4 in the US, no words yet on when they will actually be getting the Android 2.2 upgrade. But don't worry, they will get it, probably they are just talking about how and when Samsung and its respective network carrier will do the job.
Via: Unwired View

0 Comments :

Post a Comment