August 31, 2010

Asus Lamborghini VX6 versus the Acer Ferrari One (Netbooks)

Photo grabbed from Notebook Italia

Has the Acer Ferrari One met its match?

Every time a feed on my rss feed reader (Google) is about a netbook, I would not post or blog about it immediately if it does not make my eyes go wide or is at at par or at least close to the Acer Ferrari One's specifications. Now that's a one sentence reason why I rarely post about netbooks. Anyway, now its about Asus and Lamborghini. Asus + Lamborghini = white netbook with powerful specs and the Lamboghini logo. Acer + Ferrari = a red netbook also with powerful specs and the Ferrari logo.

Let me start by talking about the Acer Ferrari One. Acer has been a long time sponsor of the Ferrari Scuderia F1 team along side with AMD, thus the creation of the first netbook with Ferrari's blessing in and on it. In it? Because it features these following specs, I will be mention just the basics. 1.6 Intel Atom Dual core processor, 500GB of Hard Disk space, and 3GB of RAM. With a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 controlled by a 1.5GHz ATI/AMD Radeon GPU plus it runs on Windows Home Premium 64 bit OS. All that in this light weight (and I mean light) small, thin netbook with Ferrari where ever you look at it. It even features a "wheel" rubber underneath it. Anyway, this netbook is one heck of a netbook, I should say. Based on experience, its the best. Until I saw this Asus Lamborghini netbook. And Acer has this unusual port on its left side that they have enlighten us about.

Photos grabbed from Notebook Italia

Now this one right here, I think, is the true match of the Acer Ferrari One, its hard for me to say that but it is. A 12.1 inch netbook from Asus in partnership with Lamborghini is the rightful challenger of Acer's Ferrari one. It features an Intel Atom Dual Core with 1.8 GHz clock speed and RAM of up to 4GB RAM (up to, means that there are other variants of this netbook, I am pretty sure about that). Base on the side view photo of the Asus Lambo it seems to be as thin as the Acer Ferrari One. Asus did not match Acer's 500GB HD capacity, it has a 250GB and a 360GB variant. Same screen resolution as the Acer Ferrari. The Asus will be equipped with an ION Next-Gen nVidia and as I was looking around the internet for the clock speed of the GPU, well I can't find it. Its a GPU in the works still. Bang & Olufsen speakers and will be running on Windows 7 Home Premium, 32 or 64? My source did not mention anything about it. The price tag? At $699 its a bargain! I mean, come on, with those specs, its a bargain. So, that's it. I will be updating you about this netbook as more specs come out in the future. Anyway, I remember about the Asus Tonino Lamborghini? Where's it gone?

Via: Notebook Italia

0 Comments :

Post a Comment